Political Thinking with Nick Robinson: The Peter Tatchell One (8/12/17) - BBC Radio 4
Notes:
DUP Irish Borders. Theresa May flew to Brussels + meeting with President of the European Commission. Better to not let the talks break down - more important to back May. Micheal Gove backing Theresa May (despite the fact that not long ago they were on opposite sides). All that matters is they get a good deal - voters will forget about this and only focus on the fact that Brexit has happened. Labour says they need to stop thinking about what they would do and just pint out what Theresa May is doing wrong - which is why Jeremy Corbyn never talks about the details about Brexit and just generally finger-points. PMQs: Corbyn asking questions that aren't really questions - mini-speeches? - something to put on social media.
Outcomes:
Revised what happened in Brussels and the DUP Irish Border debate.
A good point arose about Corbyn pointing the finger which I found interesting. Why does he ask those questions that aren't questions? Is it just for social media as mini-speeches? Does this make him less legitimate as he is not offering solutions to the problems but is just pointing them out?
I also found out quite a bit about Peter Tatchell who is a left winger campaigner who has campaigned for LGBT rights, human rights, women's rights etc for over 50 years. This is something I am very interested in about I found it surprising that I'd never actually heard about him before.
Future research:
-----
No comments:
Post a Comment